Сave tours & trips
Looking for more tours? Change your search settings or reset filters
A cave excursion is an interesting, active, and not quite standard type of recreation. The beauty of nature isn't only picturesque beaches and natural landscapes, which all tourists can see, but a hidden underground wealth only a few can see. Even experienced speleologists find cave tours captivating because of their mysterious world and unique atmosphere.
Speleotourism is a sport and an excursion. It depends on the complexity of the route, the cave's characteristics, their origin, and the equipment.
- Under the sporting direction of recreation, you'll find complex hikes that require endurance and training. Mountaineering, rock climbing, scuba diving should be known to tourists. Overcoming obstacles is the main goal of travelers.
- Excursion tourism is usually understood as hiking in nature's introductory stages. With paths, lighting, handrails, and information boards, the caves are designed for comfortable movement of people.
Descending into the ground always takes place in groups, as a solo hike is too risky. As well as knowing how to use equipment and how to be in a confined space, you have to understand the rules.
Underground Cave Types
For travelers who decide to go underground, there are labyrinths, galleries, halls, wells, lakes, and rivers to traverse. Stalactites and stalagmites sparkle in the lantern light and captivate even the most sophisticated tourists. There are a lot of caves in the world:
- Horizontal. For beginners, this is the best option, since it doesn't require special equipment or training.
- Vertical with steep walls, inclined passages and wells. Only for experienced tourists.
Nine categories were used to classify caves based on how hard they are to pass. Beginners should start with the first three, they're the easiest.
Why Speleotourism Is So Popular
Cave exploration is an unusual and fascinating experience for those interested in the mysteries of the caves. The benefits of extreme recreation are:
- Being able to get fit. As you overcome obstacles, your muscles get stronger and your endurance gets better.
- Adaptation psychologically. Fears and superstitions can be gotten rid of in a confined space.
- Pleasure of the eye. Caves with stalactites and other minerals you can't find anywhere else.
- Children can get involved. Obviously, we're talking about easy hikes on specially equipped trails.
- Lots of places to choose from. Different countries have well-developed speleotourism.
Cave tours are a fascinating hike for active people who aren't afraid of risk and want to learn new things all the time. It's always a trip with like-minded people who are ready to lend a hand.