Nepal tours are a new way to travel to spiritual places. There are so many temples and statues of different deities that ordinary tourists go around in circles. Awe-inspiring natural beauty in the highlands. The scenery that opens up when you reach another peak often baffles travelers. Nepal, or Vertical Country as the Nepalese call it, never ceases to amaze. Explore the Himalayas, go rafting, meditate, immerse yourself in the local culture, and eat the local food.
Top Excursion Destinations
This ancient country dates back to the VIII century BC. The culture and traditions of Nepal have been shaped by many events over the millennia. It's a place of peaceful coexistence between Buddhism and Hinduism. When you're traveling through the highest mountainous country, make sure you stop at:
- Kathmandu is an open-air museum. It is filled with majestic temples, bustling markets, and squares. This is a place where Buddhism flourished, shrouded in antiquity.
- Patan is Nepal's oldest city. Durbar Square is its main attraction. There are dozens of temples here, and it's a place to worship the gods.
- Kopan is a monastic community. Pilgrims meditate on a hill to reach spiritual enlightenment.
- Lumbini is the village where Buddha was born, according to legend. Buddhists from all over the world flock here. Tourists love the Maya Devi temple ruins.
- Chitwan has 400 bird species. There are lots of unique animals in the royal national park. Rivers and lakes are picturesque, and the landscape is spectacular.
Nepal is the birthplace of a being who reached the peak of spiritual perfection, so there are a ton of Buddhist holy sites. In this country, different festivals and celebrations are held every day in honor of different gods.
Travelers who are physically fit and beginners alike can enjoy active recreation and expeditions in Nepal. A sea of excitement awaits you when you go rafting or kayaking. Rivers in the mountains flow into lakes where boating is a quieter pastime.
Recently, canyoning has become more popular in Nepal. It's like descending waterfalls with rock climbing elements. This kind of recreation around natural landscapes, which can be seen from a high rock or cliff, is the best way to discover something new. Before you conquer impregnable peaks, this is a great way to test your strength.
Trekking Through The Mountains
Nepal's Great Himalayan Trail is a major tourist attraction. Routes of varying difficulty start from here for experienced climbers and unprepared hikers:
- Sagarmatha National Park is in the Himalayas. Trails are well-trodden and suitable for hikers of all levels.
- Annapurna is a mountain range covered in rhododendron forests. Getting to the top isn't easy.
- Langtang is where the ancient Tamang settlements are hidden. Locals still follow unwritten laws. Guests are welcome, though.
Nepal small group tours are full of beautiful nature, national parks, unruly peaks, Buddhist temples, and other attractions that can amaze the most discerning traveler.